Welcome to the BBA Forum. You are currently viewing the boards as a guest which limits your access to several features of this site. You have to login or register for full access: click here to proceed. To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
BBA 9 2014
Frequently asked questions about Big Brother Africa season 9 2014 (Hotshots)
Page 1 of 2
Each country had 2 representatives. 12 of these countries were returning countries while the 13th country was new to the Big Brother Africa game.
The 12 returning countries were: Botswana, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe while the new country was Rwanda.
Why was my country not included in BBA 9? What are the qualifications to make a country part of the show?
The countries were selected to participate in the series based on the popularity of the series format in those markets, as well as the large DStv subscriber bases established in these markets.
AfricaMagic greatly appreciates the support that the series receives in other markets and so will work to include those markets into the show in other ways, outside of having a housemate in the house. This means that audiences from across the continent can vote on the series, and that performers and special guests from their countries may be included in the series.
Big Brother has enjoyed a wide popularity across the continent and AfricaMagic is pleased that it draws support from Africans across borders and outside of the nationalities represented. This serves to highlight that Africans support other Africans regardless of where they live or what their nationality is.
This ensures that AfricaMagic can invest more in the show's production without having to contend with the higher logistics costs that arise when the show equipment moves location. However, the show features content from all of the participating countries.
Why did AfricaMagic ask people from my country to enter and to watch this show that I regard as immoral?
Tayo, Macky2, Samantha and Sipe won star meter gifts.
Goitse won a Tecno Phantom Z smartphone for the Selfie task.
Nhlanhla won a trip to Nigeria with 40,000 Rand spending money for the channel O #TIA song.
The finalists were presented with medals.
Tayo was appointed a ONE Ambassador.
Idris won the season with 5 votes: Kenya, Namibia, Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda.
Tayo became the runner-up with 2 votes: Mozambique and Nigeria.
Macky 2 finished in 3rd place with 2 votes: Zambia and Rest of Africa.
Nhlanhla finished in 4th place with 2 votes: Botswana and South Africa.
JJ finished in 5th place with 1 vote: Zimbabwe.
Sipe finished in 6th place with 1 vote: Malawi.
M'am Bea finished in 7th place with 1 vote: Ghana.
Butterphly finished in 8th place with no votes.
Each country had 2 representatives. 12 of these countries: Botswana, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe were returning countries while the 13th country, Rwanda, was new to the Big Brother Africa game.
The housemates were:
1. Alusa: Melvin Alusa, aged 33, an Actor, Radio Drama Director and MC from Kenya.
2. Arthur: Arthur Nkusi, aged 23, a Radio Presenter from Rwanda.
3. Butterphly: Tariro Mharapara, aged 24, a Radio and Television Presenter and Producer from Zimbabwe.
4. Ellah: Stellah Nantumbwe, aged 23, a Sales Assistant from Uganda.
5. Esther: Esther Namuddu, aged 23, a Student from Uganda.
6. Frankie: Frank Rukundo, aged 33, a Singer, Model and Actor from Rwanda.
7. Goitse: Goitseone Kgaswane, aged 22, a Student from Botswana.
8. Idris: Idris Sultan, aged 21, a Photographer from Tanzania.
9. JJ: Jerome Arab, aged 23, a Singer, Actor, Director, Rapper and Songwriter from Zimbabwe.
10. Kacey Moore: Desmond Amidoo-Amoah, aged 29, a Poet and Songwriter from Ghana.
11. Laveda: Irene Neema Mwesiga, aged 23, a Graduate from Tanzania.
12. Lilian: Aimiehi Onyinyen Afegbai, aged 22, a Model, Actress, Presenter and Tax Collecter from Nigeria.
13. Luis: Luis Tshita Munana, aged 23, an Associate Producer from Namibia.
14. M'am Bea: Beatrice Buabeng Oppong, aged 25, a Fashion Designer from Ghana.
15. Macky2: Mark Mulaza Kaira, aged 29, a Hip-Hop Musician from Zambia.
16. Mira: Zulmira Miguel Andre Ngobo, aged 21, a Student from Mozambique Mozambique.
17. Mr. 265: Masuzgo Mark Msiska, aged 23, a Television Presenter from Malawi.
18. Nhlanhla: Nhlanhla Nhlapo, aged 24, Business Analyst, Actor and Model from South Africa.
19. Permithias: Elioth Owosebo, aged 25, a Singer and Professional Chef from Namibia.
20. Resa: Theresa Liteta, aged 25, an Event planner, MC and Public Speaker from Zambia.
21. Sabina: Sabina Stadler, aged 28, a Television Personality and Student from Kenya.
22. Samantha: Samantha Jansen, aged 29, a Businesswoman from South Africa.
23. Sheillah: Tshegofatso Sheilla Molelekwa, aged 21, a Student from Botswana.
25. Sipe: Sipherile Chitambo, aged 24, a Hairdresser and Management Student from Malawi.
25. Tayo: Akintayo John Faniran, aged 28, a Model from Nigeria.
26. Trezagah: Euler Elias, aged 31, a Rap Musician from Mozambique.
However, this was a prank that Big Brother played to the housemates to see how they would cope against their competition. The ex-housemates were not competing for the money, but were sent by Big Brother to cause havoc in the house.
The exes left on Day 49 and they were:
1. Peo/Miss P - Botswana, from season 6.
2. Elikem - Ghana, from season 8.
3. Natasha - Malawi, from season 8.
4. Leonel - Mozambique, from season 4.
5. Uti - Nigeria, from season 3 and season 5.
6. Luclay - South Africa, from season 6.
7. Feza - Tanzania, from season 8.
8. Denzel - Uganda, from season 8.
9. Sulu - Zambia, from season 8.
10. Vimbai - Zimbabwe, from season 6.
Page 1 of 2